How to Protect Your Home From Thanksgiving Kitchen Disasters
The holidays are approaching and kitchens are going to be in full swing! They say the kitchen is the heart of the home and that is never more true than Thanksgiving. From testing family favorites and decorating cakes and cookies, everyone loves participating in the preparations. With all the festivities, it’s important to keep fire safety at the top of your mind. With all the extra activity and people in your home, it is worth taking extra precautions to protect your home in Kenosha.
Protect Your Home in Kenosha
Thanksgiving is the peak day for home cooking fires, followed by Christmas Day, Christmas Eve, and the day before Thanksgiving. There are many things you can do to protect your home in Kenosha from holiday fire disasters and keep you from becoming another statistic.
- Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stove top to keep an eye on the food.
- Keep children away from the stove. When the stove is hot, children should stay at least 3 feet away.
- Stay in the home when cooking your turkey and check on it frequently.
- Keep matches and lighters out of the reach of children – up high in a locked cabinet.
- Never leave a lit candle in a room unattended.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working and have new batteries. You can test them by pushing the test button.
Thanksgiving is a time to spend quality time with loved ones enjoying some of your holiday favorites. Don’t let the stress of not having enough home insurance ruin that time. Let the Trottier Insurance Group handle that stress for you. Call us today at (262) 652-7963.