Why You Should Have Comprehensive Auto Coverage
It’s Not Mandatory; Why You Need It Anyway
Driving your car without auto insurance is not only illegal, but it also presents huge risks in your life. You probably know this and have coverage on your car, but did you realize how important having comprehensive coverage is? Most people realize the importance of collision coverage, but they do not fully understand comprehensive insurance and its benefits.
What Is Comprehensive Coverage?
- A flood causes damage to your car
- A person breaks into your car and damages it
- An animal runs into your vehicle while you are driving
- Any type of storm causes damage to your vehicle
- Hail lands on your car, leaving dents
- Something falls on your car and damages it
- Your car is stolen
You should remember, too, that these types of events can occur at any time and in any place, and they most likely occur when you least expect them. This is why having comprehensive insurance is important, but it is especially important for people who park their cars outside and those who drive their cars on rural roads often.
Is It Required?
If you do not have a car loan, it’s still wise to purchase this type of insurance even though it is not legally required.